Thursday, March 10, 2011

My review of Naked Fitness by Andrea Metcalf

Recently I was given an opportunity to read the book Naked Fitness by Andrea Metcalf. If you follow my blog at all you know that I am one of millions of people who battle with their weight and self image on a daily basis. Am I good enough? Why should I try again? Do I really deserve it? Why bother? Well, funny enough, those questions are answered in this book. I am always skeptical when it comes to someone else touting that they really know how to help you and when you read 'this' it will fall into place. I honestly have to say that is the first book that has made me go 'hmmmm'.
After the first chapter, where you get an explanation to what Naked Fitness really is, she will ask something of you. Stand in a full length mirror, yes, naked, and find not only things that you need to change, but also things that you like, even if it's something small. What a concept, huh? Something we like? About ourselves? About the way we look? Imagine that.
There are tests, don't worry, you will not fail it, that everyone has to take while standing in a mirror (or with help from a friend/partner) just so you can have the best exercise program fitted to you. She does not believe in the statement 'no pain no gain' and suits a program to best fit you. She does ask that you agree to walk 2 hours a day. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be all at once. It can even be while you are talking on the phone, as long as your legs are moving.
There are meal plans to follow with loads of yummy recipes included to make life easier for everyone. There are step-by-step exercise routines with photos, worksheets so you can keep track of your food and exercise. One of my favorite things is the two pages of mantras/positive sayings. I will even give you my two favorites:
     If you believe you can or cannot, you are correct.
     If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again
     (ok, my three favorites) When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
She will ask that 'sign on' for 28 days, which is not a long time in your life to learn how to be nice to you again. I think I can do that, what about you? I am going to try it. I'm going to look at myself in the mirror and not just from the neck up. I'm going to look at me. That is the only way to change what I don't like and concentrate on what I do like.
I'm going to make more posts about this book and what I think of things as the time goes on so make sure you check back. If you want to order your copy you can preorder it on nakedfitness.com for more information. Heck, if you order a copy and would like to keep up with the book with me, leave a comment. Maybe we can help each other out. I also posted this to my other blog (East Texas Saver) if you want to follow there.

The last time I went to Walmart I bought some Truvia to help me on my start (again) for this weight loss journey. Take a look.

More check-ins at Walmart Supercenter #827
Powered by Whrrl

I was compensated for this review by Collective Bias but the opinion is my own. #maptruvia #couchcritics

No comments:

Post a Comment